Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kathryn goes to Dusti Boot Camp

When the decision was made to move to Nebraska with my folks last year, I was planning to stay a few weeks then head to Wisconsin to become my nieces workout buddy.  We both need a kick in the rear to motivate us to get exercise, well mostly I do, my niece Dusti is way healthier than I am.  

I've been a big girl pretty much my whole life.  For a long time, I was able to carry it well, so it didn't limit what I could do, but that changed when I passed 40 & if I'm going to make it to 50, I had better restart my metabolism in a big way.  Add in the fact that I ran out of unemployment last month & it's a now or never situation.  I basically have enough  money to get to Wisconsin, then I have to find a new source of income before my bills for February come due.  Dusti has some ideas & I've got several boxes of books, I can put up for sale on eBay, so I'm biting the bullet & leaving tomorrow.  This will be hard for my mom, since I'm leaving her alone with dad, but I'm also thinking she might get more motivated about finding a support group or checking into what services his illness qualifies him for, if she doesn't have me to lean on for a little while.  Could be good for everyone.

I'm undecided at the moment how much detail I want to share about my current stats.  I've got an 11 hour drive to think about it, so I will get back to you on that.  In the meantime, wish me luck on my latest adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment